More Than Adequate

More Than Adequate

More Than Adequate

Have you ever heard of Atelophobia? Atelophobia is the fear of imperfection. The fear of never being good enough. You’d think this wouldn’t be a thing, but the reason it had to be defined is due to the fact that people suffer from it. In fact, someone with atelophobia would find the idea of doing something incorrect to be terrifying. I know this diagnosis does not apply to the majority of the population, yet often times we act like it. We act like we aren’t enough instead of believing that we are.

But, I’m here to tell you that you are enough, you have always been enough and you will always be enough. More importantly, you are way more than adequate for any task, situation, relationship, etc that you are faced with.

Whatever you set your mind to do, you can achieve it. Whatever idea God gives you, you are already equipped with what you need to achieve it. You just need to be ready to do your part and that part is to believe that you are enough, ample, more than adequate, equipped, and perfectly made for the task at hand.

What we can’t do is live with regrets. We can’t stop pursuing life because of the fear that we aren’t or will not be good enough.

No one can do what you do the way you do it.

You are made for the dreams that have been placed inside your heart to pursue. You were equipped for this. You are going to win at everything you set out to do.

Believe it! But more importantly believe that you are enough and there is nothing else left to add and what you have is everything you need. The people who are for you will fit like a puzzle piece but by yourself you are whole.

If you still don’t feel like you are enough, there are some resources below to get you moving in the right direction.

But please know that you already are enough.

More Than Adequate

robin rue
    January 18, 2018 at 12:27 pm

SUCH a great message and I know a lot of people NEED to hear this! We are better than we realize, but we actually need to realize it 🙂

January 18, 2018 at 1:30 pm

I hadn’t heard of the word before. I’m sorry for those who have it. I never tried to be perfect even, because it seemed rather dull. Plus it would take too much energy. I’m all for average.

January 18, 2018 at 1:44 pm

I have never heard the word, Atelophobia, before now. I dealt with this in my younger years. I tend to be a perfectionist anyway and at one time, I was so hard on myself. With age comes wisdom, at least for me. We need to be as kind to ourselves as we are to others.

January 18, 2018 at 2:15 pm

I have never heard of this but I think there are times that I suffer with it! This is a great reminder that we are good enough even if it is not “perfect”!

January 18, 2018 at 2:37 pm

I personally don’t suffer from this. Bracing imperfection is something I do really well. Hope people stop putting so much pressure on themselves about trying to be perfect.

Chubskulit Rose
    January 18, 2018 at 3:21 pm

Those are nice books to read. I used to think that maybe I am not doing enough as a MOM to my kids but I have learned that I am doing what I am suppose to do and able to do for them.

Nikki
    January 18, 2018 at 3:40 pm

I’ve never heard of that phobia, but I imagine a lot of people deal with it every day. I think we all want to be perfect at everything all the time, and that puts a crazy amount of stress on us.

Kelly Reci
    January 18, 2018 at 3:51 pm

I had never heard of it but I can somewhat relate to it. When it comes to writing and blogging, I definitely get scared that it’s not ‘perfect’ enough but what IS perfect exactly? Love your insight!

Rosemary Palmer
    January 18, 2018 at 4:02 pm

I think sometimes in the world of FB and blogging, these fears can be put out there more. At my age I don’t even attempt to keep up with up or worry about what others think. For myself, yes there are regrets and things I wish I had done, but it doesn’t keep me from moving forward.

Tomi C
    January 18, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Such an encouraging post. You’re statement “No one can do what you do the way you do it” really resonated with me. Truest statement ever.

Kenya @ Kenya Rae
    January 18, 2018 at 8:16 pm

Great motivational post!

Sarah Bailey
    January 18, 2018 at 9:46 pm

I have to admit I’ve not heard of this phobia before, but I think I probably have it, ever since I was a child I’ve never thought I was good enough, never able to be perfect enough. I don’t know where that idea came from, or why but it has always been there nibbling away.

Sarah Honey
    January 19, 2018 at 1:31 am

I’ve never heard that term before. This is a very motivating post!

Maureen
    January 19, 2018 at 2:12 am

This speaks to me so much and I really needed to read this today so thank you for writing this! Knowing that I’ve done enough the best of my ability when it comes to single parenting really helps eases off the pressure of being perfect.

Sapphire Kharyzma
    January 19, 2018 at 2:29 am

I have never heard of this phobia, but you learn something new every day! Your words are deeply inspiring 🙂

Bohemian Babushka
    January 19, 2018 at 2:38 am

Unfortunately BB knows of too many who have this, some very close. Time to slow down in all our lives, prioritize and be grateful for what we have, AS we have it. Gracias for highlighting this. BB2U

January 19, 2018 at 3:32 am

I have never heard of atelophobia. I know a few people that have very poor self-esteem and I wish they would understand they are enough.

Annemarie LeBlanc
    January 20, 2018 at 7:21 am

I did not know there was such a thing as the fear of imperfection. OMG, I can only imagine the anxiety of people who have it. I think we can avoid the occurrence of this if we start at home. Letting kids be kids, growing up in a stress free environment with lots of encouragement and praise will help build their confidence. They will learn to embrace mistakes and failure as life lessons and not obstacles.

Terri Beavers
    January 20, 2018 at 2:55 pm

I’ve never lived with regrets and I hope that continues. And is so true that no one can do what we do except us. I love these.