Go Toward The Pain

Go Toward The Pain

Go Toward The Pain

A loss aint a loss, it’s a lesson. Go toward the pain, it’s a blessing. – Jay Z

First let me start off by saying that I’m not asking you to do anything that I’m not willing to do, have done or in the process of doing. So when I say, “Go Toward The Pain”, I know what’s at stake. I know that sometimes its easier not to open certain doors, but I also know that if we’ve never taken the time to heal we are experiencing the pain all over again, but at our own hands.

I’m repeating my sentiments from yesterday’s Clear The Way topic in saying that this is another opportunity to make room for new things to enter our lives.

It times of danger we either choose flight or fight. Although this topic may not be considered immediate danger, there will be some that will make the decision to run from it. Ultimately it’s your choice!

If we never face those uncomfortable places, we never grow. We can never see what’s on the other side of being whole. What’s on the other side of facing those fears, whats on the other side of comfort.

I can give everyone a ton of tips that could be helpful today, but what I really want to do is encourage you. I want to encourage you to face those painful places in our lives, seek therapy and find healing.

I want to encourage you to force yourself to stretch in moments when you could choose to be comfortable.

I want to encourage you to live, to laugh and to not be afraid of pain.

I want to say that mental health is so important and often the most overlooked piece of our health. You can’t just focus on your body without your mind. Also, its about developing the emotional and mental resilience that will allow you get through tragedy and overcome pain.

Lastly, in the words of Dory, “Just Keep Swimming!”

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. – Marilyn Monroe

robin rue
    December 19, 2017 at 12:39 pm

I do get it, but I lost my mom this year and there is no coming back from that. I am struggling BIG TIME right now, but I know it will get a little better after the holidays.

December 19, 2017 at 12:41 pm

Sometimes it’s hard to face fears and I tend to want to run the other way but I totally get why we should not be afraid of pain, failure, etc. It helps us learn and grow.

Candy
    December 19, 2017 at 1:26 pm

Difficult at the best. If we do what you listed we will be better off.

December 19, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Oh yeah, I always try to step outside my comfort zone at times. I don’t do it too often, because life is short and you shouldn’t be uncomfortable most of the time. But once in a while I do it, and I”m usually glad I did.

Tomi C
    December 19, 2017 at 2:51 pm

I hate the notion that we have to be happy and jolly this time of year when it’s really just another day. Depression is real and it affects the mind, body and soul.

December 19, 2017 at 3:32 pm

There’s definitely something that is difficult to do. Depending on the pain, I think people are willing to go through some but not through the worst of it. This is some great advice.

December 19, 2017 at 5:18 pm

I’m not afraid to face my fears. Mental health is important and so many of us deal with problems, sometimes they can get the better of us.

Debra Hawkins
    December 19, 2017 at 7:02 pm

I think I quote that line from Dory to my kids on a daily basis! Loss and failure can be so hard, but it is truly what makes us!

Lisa
    December 19, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Embracing any kind of pain is never easy. And sometimes there is not much in the way of healing. I think it depends on what caused the pain.

Claudia Krusch
    December 20, 2017 at 12:53 am

I always try to look at my struggles as lessons. Sometimes we need to go through the hard stuff to get to where we need to be.

Sarah Honey
    December 20, 2017 at 12:54 am

It can be so hard and some days are better than others. I love Dory’s line, “just keep swimming”. I think it rings true on so many levels.

Pam
    December 20, 2017 at 1:24 am

Pain can definitely help us grow. However, it is always really uncomfortable and hard to embrace it.

Liz Mays
    December 20, 2017 at 2:16 am

This is an great perspective. I do think it’s helpful to meet those challenges head-on. That’s always difficult though!

JDaniel4's Mom
    December 20, 2017 at 2:46 am

I grew up with family members that struggled with mental health issues. I think it is has caused me to take care of my health and monitor how I am doing.

Marquita
    December 20, 2017 at 3:55 am

Ahhh! I don’t want to face the pain, but I know I must in order to live the life I want. You spoke a lot of truth in this post. The pain will only be temporary, and it will eventually lead me out to joy. The sooner I face it, the sooner it will no longer have it’s negative power over me. Thanks for sharing!

Lian
    December 20, 2017 at 11:30 am

It is hard to deal with a loss. I have only had to deal with loss once, but it rocked my world for a long time. I think I am just beginning to come to terms with it. It is different for everyone to manage.

Farrah Less
    December 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm

It;s always good to have a back support from your love ones. In times of sorrow or over coming fear, mom always told me to lift everything to God.

Sandy N Vyjay
    December 20, 2017 at 3:16 pm

One needs to come to terms with the pain and face it. Only this act will exorcise it and ultimately cure it too.

Marysa
    December 20, 2017 at 5:07 pm

It is all a process, I think we all go through stages whether we are dealing with grief or other painful situations. It makes sense to eventually accept it.

Amanda
    December 21, 2017 at 2:47 am

I’m not sure if I agree with Jay Z. I’m all about facing uncomfortable things and tackling challenges, but going toward the pain? NO thanks. I’d rather go towards a goal and see it in a more positive light.

Mellissa
      December 21, 2017 at 3:24 am

Thanks Amanda! I just happened to use his quote, but its really about not being afraid of the uncomfortable times in life. Its about taking the time to heal instead of ignoring the pain thinking it will just go away. It’s also about advocating for therapy and mental health.