Reasons to Embrace Alone Seasons

Embrace The Seasons That Require You To Be Alone

We, who are so schooled in the art of listening to the voices of others, can often hear our own voice only when we are alone. . . For many women, the first choice, then, is to give ourselves the necessary time and space in which to renew our acquaintance with our lost voice, to learn to recognize it, and to rejoice as we hear it express our truth. ―Florence Falk

Embrace The Seasons That Require You To Be Alone

Lose not the advantage of solitude, and the society of thyself.–Thomas Browne

Solitude is the perfect time to connect with yourself. All outside voices are removed and you are alone to explore, to create, to heal, to be the amazing person you are without any distractions. When you are alone, you’re not worried about the opinions of others. When you are alone you can be creative, pursue your passions and take time to map out your next steps in life.

When I was younger I never wanted to leave any space in my life. I wanted to fill every moment up. But with time alone comes focus, comes a period to look back at what really matters and a time to reflect on all the good.

In the seasons that require you to be alone, you are able to evaluate your current path and gather the strength to change directions. If you find yourself alone, stay there a while. Don’t get busy and try to jump into the next thing. Your true direction and desires are often revealed to you in the time that you spend alone.

– Mellissa

Aloneness is an opportunity, a state brimming with potentiality, with resources for renewed life…In the space of aloneness–and perhaps only there–a woman is free to admit and act o her own desires. – Florence Falk

Embrace Alone Seasons

robin rue
    January 16, 2018 at 10:25 am

I actually prefer to be alone as much as possible. Obviously I am a mom and my alone time is rare, but I enjoy it when I do get it.

January 16, 2018 at 12:11 pm

I actually really like being alone sometimes. Life gets so busy taking care of family, there are moments I am very content not planning a thing.

Tomi C
    January 16, 2018 at 2:27 pm

Very thoughtful post. I embrace the quiet times and alone seasons. My thoughts are it’s okay to be alone, I’m not lonely, I’m spending time with me so I can become a Better me.

January 16, 2018 at 3:34 pm

Sometime being along is good for the soul. I love the noise and sometimes confuse that go with family. Solitude is a wonderful thing to enjoy and regroup.

January 16, 2018 at 4:16 pm

I personally love being alone. It gives me a chance to think and do what I want. I grew up an only child though, so I need some alone time to function!

January 16, 2018 at 5:08 pm

I am not good at being alone! I think it has to do with I am alone all day while I work at home! I rather be with someone than alone! When I am alone and not working I do take time for myself and just relax and do what I love.

Heather
    January 16, 2018 at 6:50 pm

Gosh, I love this! I find myself alone a lot these days while the kids are at school battling what it is I want to do with the rest of my life. It’s crazy, but it’s pretty freeing right now. I’m loving this stage of my life right now. It could change quickly so I have to enjoy it.

Sarah Bailey
    January 16, 2018 at 9:48 pm

There is definitely a time when being alone is best, when getting to enjoy nothing but your own company and do what you want cannot be beaten.

Brandy
    January 16, 2018 at 10:10 pm

Being alone is great, I enjoy alone time whenever I can as it helps me to bring my mind to peace and my inner core to balance. It’s rare I have a time being alone, but this helps me to be reminded that I should get some time soon. SO I can balance myself out and feel at a state of calm again.

Nancy L.
    January 16, 2018 at 10:40 pm

I love all of these and really enjoy spending time alone. I find I need alone time to take time out and catch my breath and clear my mind. If I don’t I begin to feel very stressed.

Pam
    January 17, 2018 at 1:38 am

I definitely enjoy spending some time alone. It helps me recharge and refocus. I just don’t like spending too much time alone.

Debra Hawkins
    January 17, 2018 at 2:53 am

I really enjoy the moments I can be alone but I am not great at being alone in general. It like the moments but not the longer times.

Dogvills
    January 17, 2018 at 7:46 am

I treasure those times when I am alone. That is the time I can listen to what my body is telling me. I am able to provide resolutions to issues at home and at work. I feel calm and thoughts and ideas to improve myself surface. In my quiet alone time, I can speak to God.

Sandy N Vyjay
    January 17, 2018 at 12:36 pm

I do think that everyone owes some moments of solitude to themselves. This gives them an opportunity to introspect and reflect, away from the pressures of everyday life.

Sarah Honey
    January 17, 2018 at 2:15 pm

I like a mix of both. A little alone time and time with family and friends.

Sara Welch
    January 17, 2018 at 9:29 pm

I have never thought of it this way. This is some much needed advice.

Chubskulit Rose
    January 18, 2018 at 12:36 am

It’s necessary to be alone once in a while. It gives you time to think, to evaluate your life, and to appreciate every little things.

Ali Rost
    January 18, 2018 at 4:01 am

As an introvert, I crave alone time. It’s when I’m creative and think the best. Truly, I love spending time with my husband too, but time alone is when I’m able to recharge. x