Brave The Unknown

Brave The Unknown

Brave The Unknown

Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities . . . because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
— Winston Churchill

The next phase of life will require you to be courageous, daring and bold. It will require you to let go of the old you and even some old ways to make room for the unknown.

The unknown can be scary as it doesn’t promise security, but the unknown is often where you’ll learn faith, trust and the depth of who you are.

I love this snippet from Ava DuVernay talking about pursuing your dreams that truly embodies “Braving The Unknown”. She breaks down saying “it won’t be perfect, it may be messy and hard, but you are doing it and you’re on your way”. Hear it in her own words below.

I’m often asked big questions like: “How do I get into film? Change careers? Pursue my dream? My little answer… pic.twitter.com/km54Vwp6YK

— Ava DuVernay (@ava) October 8, 2017

If there is one thing that I know through personal experience it is that the unknown holds so much promise. However, we would never know or experience the fruit of it if we aren’t willing to take a leap of faith.

I’m in a season where I haven’t walked this path before but it doesn’t deter me or make me want to run. I’m excited every step of the way. I’ve found out what it means to brave the unknown and I’m embracing every mistake and lesson to be able to see what’s on the other side of my consistency and action.

The clip below is from Indiana Jones. It’s been played during church service and in tons of presentations where understanding faith is required. Here he is taking a step into the unknown.

I hope you are ready to do the same.

Tomi C
    December 21, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Consistency is key. You have to keep moving forward into the unknown to reap the true rewards.

December 21, 2017 at 2:18 pm

I’m always a little scared of stepping out in faith and into the unknown, but I’ve learned to throw those fears aside. It’s not easy at times, but so worth it.

December 21, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Stepping out of the box and into the unknown is always difficult. It can be done and will be worth the journey.

Lisa
    December 21, 2017 at 3:19 pm

The unknown can be so scary. But it can also be so amazing. Think of all we would be missing out on if no one braved the unknown.

December 21, 2017 at 5:55 pm

I think it is important to brave the unknown even though it can be frightening. Usually in the end it all works out!

December 21, 2017 at 5:57 pm

The new year is always a scary unknown. I look back over this year and I can see some of the successes and failures I’ve gone through. I know I have learned a lot and I hope to take that as I go!

Glamamom
    December 21, 2017 at 8:55 pm

I love that Winston Churchill quote. Words to live by.

Ashley
    December 21, 2017 at 10:39 pm

The unknown can be scary but we need to jump out of our comfort zone. That is where all the fun happens.

Pam
    December 22, 2017 at 12:05 am

I think change and the unknown can be so scary sometimes. But it is always good to put yourself out there.

December 22, 2017 at 2:05 am

The past couple of years have been challenging for me. Prior I was never really afraid of braving the unknown. Now I could stand a break and just have what’s known for a bit.

Claudia Krusch
    December 22, 2017 at 5:02 am

I like to challenge myself to try at least one new thing a month. It helps me avoid getting into a rut. It can be scary but it is usually worth it in the end.

Sandy N Vyjay
    December 22, 2017 at 11:56 am

The unknown holds fears but at the same time holds the promise of good times too. We need to venture bravely into the unknown, only then will the mystery lift.

Farrah Less G.
    December 22, 2017 at 1:45 pm

I always admire people who is so brave to take a risk to chase their dream job. Its always fun to work if you love your job.

Nikki
    December 22, 2017 at 2:47 pm

As someone with anxiety disorder, it’s really scary for me to go into unknown situations. I definitely need to be more brave though, I let my fear hold me back too much.

HilLesha O'Nan
    December 22, 2017 at 5:20 pm

How true! Change can be scary, yet many times it can be an important step in moving forward in life.

Debra Hawkins
    December 22, 2017 at 8:53 pm

I am not much of a risk taker, so braving the unknown is so scary for me. It is such an important step though.

Marysa
    December 23, 2017 at 2:11 am

It is always the unknown that is scary.. the uncertainty of things. But it is hard to move forward without taking some risks.

Chubskulit Rose
    December 23, 2017 at 3:21 am

Taking risks is such a big step to test what you can do. It is scary at times but worth it.

Kate | Life of a Ginger
    December 27, 2017 at 11:20 pm

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. That is all you can do!