There is something to be said about writing down your goals. If you don’t know what you want, you don’t know what you need to achieve to get there.
Writing down your goals takes it from just being just an idea to actively engaging your conscious. When you write things down your consciousness is kicked into gear ready to transform your thoughts into reality. No really! Thinking about it activates your right hemisphere and imagination. Write it down and you tap into the power of your logic-based left hemisphere. Did you know that you are 42% more likely to achieve your goals and dreams, simply by writing them down? It’s even more likely that you’ll commit something to memory by writing it down. Getting goals out of your head and onto paper is the first step toward their achievement.
I love creating vision boards because it creates a visual representation of my goals and it’s nice to have something to look at on a daily basis. But when I write it down, I’m often going into detail and filling in the gaps that I couldn’t when I was creating my board.
After every vision, there must be a strategy. Strategy is your way of setting the table and preparing the path to do the work because faith without works is dead.
I’m sure you know someone personally or know of someone that has written down their vision and it happened.
Let’s dig in –
- Put away your phone, turn off the television, close your Facebook page and tell your family and friends not to disturb you. Pray and meditate and start writing your vision.
- Create a vision that is clear and simple but be specific (don’t put in any justification or why you want it). Just let it be without an explanation. A precise vision eliminates confusion which can be a hindrance to progress.
- Your vision can be as big bold and beautiful as you want. Dream baby!
- When you are done with your vision, its time to break it down to achievable goals.
- Yesterday I wrote about getting a good planner. The psychology around getting a planner that you create is that it will be one in which you love. Get you something that you’ll be drawn to. Something, you’ll want to look at, carry it with you, write more in it, etc. Which is another tip – Fill your life with things you love not just things.
- Now it is time to post it. Not to FB or anything – please don’t do that. If it is a family vision, the family needs to see it and be reminded of it. If it is a personal vision, figure out where you can put it so that you are engaging with it on an intimate level. If you write in your journal each morning or at night let this be your time to engage with your strategy. If you read over lunch at work, etc turn it into a bookmark. The most important thing is that you are connecting daily or weekly with it so it doesn’t fall by the wayside. I’ll go more into the importance of creating daily habits in a few days.
- Please, please, please do not rush your vision. Be patient with it. It WILL happen in due time. It may not happen in your exact timetable but it will happen in the right timing.
- Activate your faith – It’s a must! None of this will happen if you doubt it will. Keep believing!