Life’s Golden Moments – Girl’s Night In
Who doesn’t love a Girl’s Night In? I don’t know how it is for other groups of friends but once you are in your 30’s it becomes increasingly hard to get the old gang together again. Don’t get me wrong we all enjoy our time of laughter, relaxation and memory making, but we all have priorities and responsibilities that gets shot gun (the front seat) to any other thing we’ve got going on.
That’s why Girl’s Night In becomes even more precious and anticipated. Once we finally nail down a date, the greatest of nights ensues. We enjoy each others’ company. We spend hours catching up on life’s happenings. We vent and share our frustrations. We laugh and dance like nobody’s watching. Most importantly, we partake in wonderful (waist “unforgiving”) desserts, savory appetizers and delicious drinks.
We always have options, but our main drink for the night to celebrate Life’s Golden Moments, is in honor of National Honey Month. It is a Watermelon Honey Lemonade and easily joins the ranks of my favorite drinks. Plus, the recipe is super simple and makes enough to keep the party going. Check out the recipe below and you can view more delicious appetizer ideas HERE. All of these have honey as the special ingredient.
- 4 cups sparkling water or ginger ale
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- Lemon Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 tsp honey
- Add the sparkling water/ginger ale, watermelon, lemon juice and honey to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the lemonade into a jug to remove any seeds.
- Serve immediately over ice or set in the refrigerator until chilled. .
Although totally optional…Kick the recipe up a notch by adding lemonade vodka or even prosecco. (Random Fact): Did you know that there are more than 300 unique types of honey available in the United States alone?`
We never need a reason to get together but this time we’re taking the time to just appreciate one another, be affirmed and find our center once more. Simple enough, right? And totally necessary. We organized some simple activities that I think you’ll enjoy for your next Girl’s Night. Plus, these are some great conversation starters.
- Share your favorite quote, mantra or scripture. You just never know how this will benefit someone else on a tough day.
- Share your accomplishments/small victories that you haven’t been able to share with anyone or chose not to share because you felt it wasn’t important enough. We don’t celebrate how amazing we are enough. We accomplish things and have silent victories that we really want to share with someone.
- Share how we can support and help one another succeed in our personal endeavors. We often automatically assume that our friend groups know what we are doing and exactly how they can support us, but the reality is that it’s just not the case. If you know what you need and you are willing to do the same then share and let the reciprocation begin.
We each left our Girl’s Night In experience with new Golden Moments and memories to last us until we connect again.
Special thanks to the National Honey Board for kicking off our Girl’s Night in with a wonderful party pack that included the lovely items pictured (honey, nonbreakable wine glasses, golden straws) and more not pictured. Life’s Golden Moments are to be celebrated and what better way in honor of National Honey Month. The great thing is that honey can be a part of that celebration no matter how big or small. And a part of any menu as well :-).
I really hope your next Girl’s Night In is enriching and as fun as ours.
Share your best Girl’s Night In activities in the comments below. Thanks for reading!