What I ate on the cruise!! Dessert Edition
Each night the Fathom Cruise Chef’s prepared a variety of food that we all could enjoy. There was food available 24-7 which made it easy to grab snacks in between meals, enjoy a full buffet or visit any of the 3 restaurants aboard.
However, I quickly became fascinated by the desserts. They were always super fancy, mouth watering at the sight of it and worth the anticipation each night. Here are just a few photos that I was able to capture of some of the delicious desserts. Plus, I wanted to share a copycat recipe based on the Banana Foster dessert I received on the ship. Want to replicate a version of this dessert? Here’s a recipe for Fried Banana Foster Spring Roll Recipe.
- 2 Large Bananas
- 8 (7inch) Spring Roll Wrappers
- Preheat the oil in a deep-fryer or large cast-iron skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Peel bananas, and slice them in half, then slice them lengthwise one more time.
- Sprinkle each banana with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon to taste
- Place one piece of banana diagonally across the corner of a spring roll wrapper and roll from the corner to the center, then fold top and bottom corners in, and continue rolling.
- Dip your finger in water and brush the last edge to seal.
- Repeat with remaining banana pieces.
- Fry a few banana rolls at a time until evenly browned.
- Place unto paper towels to drain. Serve warm with ice cream