Ummm….who is in the mood for salsa? I guess the better question would be, when is it not a good time for salsa? On the menu today is this tasty,
3 Ingredient Black Bean Fiesta Lime Corn Salsa.
I got super excited the other day when I discovered the bold new Birdseye vegetable flavors. I usually grab a bag of their regular steamed vegetables because its such an easy way to quickly add fresh vegetables to any meal. However, with the new flavors available, I thought I’d mix it up a bit and test out a few flavorful add ins to our next family meal.
I used the salsa with chips at first but quickly realized that there were so many other options. Well let me jump right in and tell you how I made it. You aren’t going to believe how simple this was. Then, I’m going to tell you a few ways you can add it to other meals.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 – 15 oz can of drained black beans
1 – 10 oz can of drained Rotel
Directions: I started by emptying a can of drained black beans into a sauce pan and simmered the beans for 5 minutes. While the beans are simmering, take the Birds Eye Corn and prepare it according to the instructions provided. It will only take a few minutes in the microwave before its ready to serve. Then combine the corn, black beans and Rotel in a serving bowl and voila!! The salsa can either be chilled or served warm depending on how you’d like to serve it.
Suggested Serving Options:
- On top of lightly salted brown rice accompanying a grilled piece of salmon or chicken
- On top of a cat Chipotle Chicken Bowl
- To compliment guacamole for the perfect appetizer combo during a holiday party
- Served atop a baked potato for the perfect side dish w/topping
- Served atop Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- On top of Parmesan crusted chicken breast served with a simple spinach salad (as shown above)
Combining the sweetness of the corn with the perfect punch of lime with the Rotel and black beans makes this perfect and easy salsa ready for any occasion. Plus, its kid approved. 🙂