Yes, it is possible to make delicious sugar cookies from cake mix. In fact, you can save yourself the trouble of measuring out all the other ingredients.
My son and I were looking for something sweet to make that didn’t require extra ingredients that we didn’t have on hand already.
I could’ve easily made a dump cake with a box of cake mix and 2 cans of fruit but my son is one of those people that decided some time in life that he didn’t like cake. Given that I absolutely love cake, it still behooves me that this is even possible. So with only a box of cake mix in the house, I decided to make cookies. If there is one thing that my son has loved since he’s been little is cookies so I knew we would both enjoy dessert.
Don’t even think that making rolled sugar cookies is hard. Its probably one of the easiest recipes that I’ve completed. The fun part of course is rolling the dough out. Here is everything that you will need to get started.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, butter, egg and milk.
- Shape dough in a ball.
- Chill for 2 hours covered with plastic wrap
- Roll 1/8 inch on a floured surface.
- Cut out cookie dough
- Place 2 inches apart on a non stick cookie sheet
- Sprinkle with Sugar (optional)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let it Cool
- Decorate with icing or other ingredients
- Store in airtight container to eat
Don’t think you have to stop at Sugar Cookies from Cake Mix. The possibilities are endless with a little creativity and fun!. I finished off my cookies with some Key Lime Icing that I purchased a few weeks ago and couldn’t wait to dig into. It was the perfect sugar fix for a night of hanging with the kiddo.