There are some beauty treatments that very easily allow you to feel like you are enjoying a spa day within the comfort of your home and this Moroccan Ghassoul Clay Mask is one of them. According to Zakia’s Morocco, It’s a weekly mask with natural and organic clay from deep inside the Ancient Atlas Mountains of Morocco are the perfect skin treatment for cleaning, detoxifying, toning and rejuvenating.
A facial mask treatment made from Ghassoul clay can be relaxing and give your skin a new healthy glow. Ghassoul clay’s most impressive properties in skin improvement are its capacity of absorption and adsorption due to its high level of ion exchange.
Ghassoul is a mineral rich, light brown clay that blends extremely well with water making its application to the face and skin a smooth and delightful experience. It can be used on skin as well as on hair and even makes for a fabulous cleansing treatment if combined with your favorite shampoo.
Just wash and rinse for a cleansing treatment that your hair will love.
However, today we’re going to treat ourselves with a little self-care time by using this mask to initiate an at home spa day.
For a Spa Day at home, you will need just a few things:
- Your Morrocan Ghassoul Clay Mask
- A place to lay down and kick your feet up
- A Champaign glass, even if you choose to fill it with infused water, or sparkling cider
- Your favorite music to calm your nerves.
- Aromatherapy: This can be a candle, a diffuser with your favorite essential oil, or incense
- Cucumbers for your eyes (optional)
The clay powder requires that you combine it with water to create a smooth paste.
- Step 1: Wash face and neck with a soap that does not have glycerin in it. Glycerin tends to coat your skin making it harder for the good stuff to penetrate deep into your pores.
- Step 2: Apply your mask to your face excluding eyes, and lips.
- Step 3: While the mask is drying, lay down and relax in the ambiance that you created for your time to yourself.
- Step 4: Remove mask with warm water using a cloth to remove any excess clay. Apply your favorite moisturizer and lay down for a little (or a lot) longer.
Morroccan Ghassoul Clay Mask can be found at http://www.zakiasmorocco.com along with their other beauty product line. Also, click HERE to enter for a chance to win a $50 gift card from Zakia’s Morocco.
My skin feels clean, nourished and toned, plus I enjoyed some time set aside for myself while I waited for the mask to dry.
Have fun creating your own Spa Day experience at home.