When I was younger I wish I’d known…Advice to Younger Self. We go through life and spend a lot of time in our maturing years bumping our heads. If I ever had the chance to go back and give my younger self advice, I wouldn’t hesitate at the opportunity to help baby girl out. Here are 25 pieces of advice to my younger self…
- LOVE (real love) truly does make all the difference.
- Don’t be so disappointed if things don’t pan out the way you’d hope.
- Take your time when considering a career. If it means you don’t go to school for several years. That’s ok. The goal is to do what you love, not what will make you the most money. Life isn’t a race baby girl.
- Fall completely and utterly in love with yourself. Not to the point where no one can stand your narcissism, but love yourself so much that no one can come and tell you a lie about yourself and you believe it or let it take root in your mind.
- Don’t try to hold on to things and people after their expiration date. It only causes you more stress and heartache.
- (and on that note) learn to say goodbye and be ok. You are so much stronger than you think.
- Don’t let anyone’s personal convictions/fears stop you from dreaming and reaching beyond your surroundings.
- Love hard. You won’t regret the way you loved
- Listen to your gut. You’ll learn that not all the time will you understand but it’s never wrong.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff or spend time crying over spilled milk. It happened and now it’s time to move on.
- Balance is key in all aspects of life. This is so important for you to function, so learn to master this early.
- Learn to love to be uncomfortable. It’s pertinent to your growth.
- Feel the fear and still do it.
- In order to grow you have to continue to look yourself in the mirror. Identify your flaws and work on them.
- Love and lust are two TOTALLY different things.
- Be careful what you pray for…and if you are praying for something in particular, learn to be specific.
- Don’t be so strong that you never admit when you are hurting.
- Tears are healing (let it out).
- Self-care is not selfish
- Don’t get caught up in the number of people that support you. Keep going anyhow.
- Be your quirky, perky, silly self. The right people will adore you.
- You were made to be great! Don’t forget it.
- Laugh out loud as often as possible. The gut busting, face hurting laugh.
- Life goes on…when the sun rises a new day awaits.
- On your worst day life is still beautiful…count your blessings (especially the little ones).
Want to read more advice? Visit For the Love of Curls
Also check out the YouTube video HERE.